This is a guest post by Sydni Craig-Hart of www.SmartSimpleMarketing.com.
Most service professionals know that they need to market their business consistently to get great results. But knowing and doing are two very different things. It can seem challenging to market consistently when you're so busy serving your clients, running your company, and trying to take care of and enjoy the other aspects of your life.
Without a doubt, effective marketing requires your time, energy, and consistent effort, but not to the point that it becomes draining for you. It actually should be really easy - and it can be! Once you build momentum and get the right systems in place, you'll find that your marketing runs like a well-oiled machine. It will support you in filling your practice with ideal clients. You'll also create more visibility for the solutions you offer, and generating the income you need to enjoy the lifestyle of your choice.
Then you might be thinking, "that all sounds great, Sydni, how do I do that?" Let me answer that question for you.
- Getting really clear and focused on exactly what you want to accomplish in your business.
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals - goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-sensitive.
- Making over your mindset. Many times, what hinders us from taking consistent action with our marketing is that we let our limiting beliefs get in the way. It's really important to embrace a mindset for marketing success.
- Identifying who is your exact market, who your ideal client is, and what specialized niche of services you're going to offer that individual.
- Learning how to talk confidently about what you do in a way that is compelling to the person that you're speaking with.
- Looking at how you're packaging your services so that you're creating options and solutions that are really appealing to your ideal client.
- Finally, you want to create a simple marketing plan that's going to, create visibility and awareness for the work you do, week after week and month after month.
Once you have your foundation in place, it's time to focus on creating visibility! And there's a number of ways that you can do this:
- You can educate those already in your network - the people who already know you,like you and trust you. This can include family members, friends, ex-colleagues and other individuals in your professional services industry that may offer a complimentary service. Everyone who knows about what you do needs to be educated about how they can refer business to you.
- You also want to look at ways to create referral relationships. Connect with complimentary professionals so you can refer work back and forth to one another.
- Network strategically. Make sure that you are connecting with the right people who can help you achieve your goals. Don't just network for networking's sake.
- Look at ways that you can create a lot of visibility for your work through social media and other online networking resources. Of course, there's the BIG three:Twitter, and Facebook, and LinkedIn. However, depending on your profession, there are also may be social networks that are specific to just what you do.
Now that you have built a strong foundation, you built up some momentum, and created some visibility; you want to maintain that momentum.
- Having regular interactions with your audience, using webinars, teleseminars or an email newsletter.
- Consistently publishing great content on your blog.
- Leveraging the power of social media so that you can consistently create visibility for what you do
The fact is that consistent, effective marketing creates awareness. It creates awareness of the problems that you solve, and who exactly you solve them for. So when people who are looking for those solutions discover what you have to offer, you become the natural choice and hiring you is almost automatic. They don't over think it or hem and haw. They whip out their credit card or other form of payment because they need exactly what it is that you have to offer. And it's maintaining a full practice of client that creates a consistent and reliable income for you month after month.
If you'd like some help in building and maintaining your marketing momentum, I have just the resource for you. I invite you to visit me at www.BuildMarketingMomentum.com. There you'll learn about my easy to implement and highly, highly affordable step by step system to get you more clients and generate more revenue in your service business.
I can't wait to start working with you!
About the author: Sydni Craig-Hart, expert marketing consultant for service professionals, supports her clients in creating success - in both their businesses and lives. Known as "The Smart Simple Marketing Coach," the tech-savvy Sydni uses a results-focused, "how to" approach in implementing simple, customized strategies so service professionals create profitable businesses in which they enjoy the lifestyle they choose.
To tap into Sydni's expertise, get your free Smart Simple Marketing Starter Kit at www.SmartSimpleMarketing.com.