No matter what kind of content you create, whether it's blog posts, articles, videos you post on YouTube, sales letters, or status updates, a little bit of attention to keyword research can make a big difference when it comes to optimizing your content for the search engines. In fact ANY copy you write for the Web can benefit from a few minutes of focused attention on finding the best keywords to attract your ideal audience.
If you want your content to be found by your ideal client, then it's a good idea to know what words they're using to find the solutions to their problems. This where keyword research comes in. I confess, I'm lazy about this. Mostly because it always seems more complicated than it actually is. That's why ScribeSEO has been a gift to me...it's fast and easy to use and I'm confident that my content is optimized after I run it through the analysis.
Last week at NAMS4 (Niche Affiliate Marketing System workshop), a panel of experts in finding and integrating keywords in their content, shared their tips and secrets to getting found and making a lot of money as a result. The 90 minute discussion was recorded and you can grab a copy here for an excellent overview of why and how you do keyword research, as well as what tools and sites the pros use.
Here are a few SEO keyword tips:
- Pay attention to headlines and titles
- Title (appears in the location bar - title of blog post)
- Headlines and subheads (in the body of the post)
- Write content for people but tweak it for search engines
- File name for blog post titles can be edited to be more effective (get rid of a, an, the, and)
- Linking is important: link internally to your blog posts and link externally to relevant content
- If it makes sense, bold your keywords
Remember, you want to optimize any content that can be indexed by the search engines, with your keywords. That includes blog post titles, social networking status updates (twitter and Facebook), forum posts, sales pages, YouTube video titles and descriptions, Flickr photo names and descriptions, and more.
SEO Made Easy with Scribe