What does it mean to be a “conscious business owner”?
There’s been an evolution in the online conversation lately, I noticed, toward dwelling on the personal experience of being “conscious:” being in touch with one’s sense of purpose, feeling good about what you’re doing, making heartfelt decisions, being grateful and fair, being healthy and promoting health, being spiritual and soulful…things like that.
While all those things are true and wonderful, there are also cultural criteria the larger business community and society as a whole use to measure “conscious business,” or, lately, “conscious capitalism.”
So if you’re wondering if you’re a conscious business owner, here’s a nine-point checklist you might try out on yourself for starters:
- Do you strive to be ETHICAL in your dealings with employees, customers, and others?
- Are you SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE in terms of the people you serve, the communities in which you operate, things like energy and the environment?
- Are you AWARE of how your products and services impact the greater good?
- Do you think you’re aligned with your HIGHEST AND BEST purpose?
- Do you feel the CONNECTION your business has to the needs of the Universe?
- Do you COMPLEMENT the businesses of others, rather than competing with them?
- Are you FAIR in your pricing, policies, and other business dealings?
- Do you BALANCE value with profits well?
- Do you CONTRIBUTE to the betterment of your community?
If you checked off most of these, you’re a “conscious business owner” by anyone’s standards. If you didn’t, you now have a new awareness of things you might want to strive toward!
Carol Liege is a contributing author to Align, Expand and Succeed; Shifting the Paradigm of Entrepreneurial Success. This “just released” book is based on the premise that the world is changing at a very rapid pace. We are starting to see that cooperation brings better results than old style competition. It’s a new era and we need to work together to create success for everyone, not just for a few.
This book features dozens of conscious entrepreneurs who share their wisdom, expertise, stories, lessons and insights about the new and exciting shifts that are happening for entrepreneurs worldwide.
This book is designed to raise the vibration of the planet like never before. Get your copy of Align, Expand and Succeed and enjoy an abundance of gifts with your purchase. http://www.aesbook.com
A Note From Denise: This has been an amazing project to watch as it unfolded. My colleague Kathleen Gage was the marketing mastermind and I'll have an interview with her soon discussing how the AES team used social media marketing to attract over 100 joint venture partners as well as create a mega bestselling success.